Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cells


Yesterday I was grateful for cell phones.  They kept me in touch with friends near and far.  They helped me make plans for lunch with my latest (totally awesome) friend.  She’s another transplant and it’s so nice to talk with someone who speaks my language.  Plus we had a marvelously silly conversation later in the evening (fueled by sugar, I suspect).

My long-distance friend has been out of touch for a little while, but now he’s back and it was wonderful to hear his voice again.  One of these days soon he’s going to call to tell me he’s in the mood for a road trip—I just know it.  The universe is going to help that happen.

Cell phones also help me keep in touch with Awesome ex-Coworker, even though she’s crazy busy with her new baby, new family, and new job. And every once in a while, they help me touch base with my best friend, in spite of his crazy schedule.  If only I could teach that guy to text…..


“Peace of mind comes from not wanting to change others, but by simply accepting them as they are.  True acceptance is always without demands and expectations.” ~Gerald G. Jampolsky

That quote seems like a good definition of friendship to me.  It is pretty wonderful to have friends who accept me as I am, craziness and anxiety and all.  I hope they know that I love them exactly as they are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment