Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wee Bit Busy



Yeeeehaw!  Here we go!  WTH was I thinking when I started a chocolate-making course and a processed sugar fast at the same time?  I’m sure y’all noticed the crazy in those concurrent decisions and were simply kind enough not to say anything about it.

It looks like the sugar fast will be nearly over by the time I actually have to work with chocolate.  Which is a huge relief, because I don’t think I could temper a batch of chocolate using any method and NOT EAT IT.  At least with my tempering machine, I can close the lid and ignore it most of the time.  Using traditional methods, I’ll have to play with it and stir it and smell it for an hour.  I’m only human.  Or humanoid.  Whatever. 

The sugar fast is going as easily as I could have hoped.  I’m still having some cravings, mostly in the evenings once I start to get tired.  I was frustrated today because I wanted an extra cup of coffee but I don’t have any half and half at work.  Normally I would toss a packet of hot chocolate and a pinch of cinnamon in the cup, but that’s no longer an option.  Luckily, I seem to be surviving the hardship.  Ahem.  I also made banana pudding from Paleo Comfort Foods  last night, so I will have a lovely dessert after dinner tonight. (Thanks again, Owl!)  I did substitute a 5-spice blend for the cinnamon, but I love bananas and 5-spice together.  Plus the anise in the spice blend makes it taste sweeter.  What?!  I’m doing what I’ve gotta do to get through the next three weeks without going bonkers.

The class looks like it will give us a lot of information in a fairly short time.  I truly wish I had the interwebz in my house now, but I’ll figure out a way to get this done.  I didn’t get through as much as I had hoped on Sunday at the library, but I’ve been sneaking in bits and pieces wherever I can.  I don’t want to give up my lunch time walks (I really need the break from my cubicle), but I’m committed now.  My first assignment is due on Friday and I have the research completed, but I still have to sit down and write the paper.  If anyone out there has a time-turner that I could borrow, feel free to email me!  I’m motley bells at gmail dot com.  I notice no one has volunteered to wash my dishes.  Too bad for you—if you help with my housework, you’re automatically invited to my chocolate tasting….

No comments:

Post a Comment