Thursday, January 17, 2013

Grooving



Why the hell do we let ourselves get out of the groove?  We all know it’s going to be tough to get back to our better habits.  I thought I was doing pretty well over the holidays.  I let the strength training slide, and did some run/walking with a couple of friends who are just getting into running, but it’s not like I was sitting on the couch drinking eggnog every night.  Now that my schedule is back to normal, I’ve started my sprinting and strength training all over again.  Holy crap.  Ow.  I really need to make friends with a massage therapist.  I’m limping around the office today, wishing I had a Jacuzzi tub at home.  Every time I sneeze, I follow it with a quiet “ouch.”  At least I know the pain will be less next week, and even less the week after that.  After that it won’t hurt at all and I’ll know I’m back in the groove.  Just in time to start training for the half-marathon—wheeee!

Today I received my chocolate for the tempering assignment for chocolate class.  When I ordered it, I made sure to get chocolate that would double for the tasting assignment.  I may have to lift the “no sugar” ban.  Just long enough to taste this stuff.  This is high-test chocolate here.  I honestly don’t think I can open it, break it up, melt it, stir it, smell it, smear it around the marble slab, and NOT eat it.  My hands almost shake when I think about opening the shipping box to look at it.  I mean, I have to make sure they sent me the right stuff, don’t I?  I don’t think I can resist tasting brand new chocolate.  It’s part of what makes me sure that this is the right industry for me.  I believe I can try a tiny bit of each without turning into the Cookie Monster version of myself.  Well, probably.  Maybe.  Pretty sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment