Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trying to be a grown-up

My grandmother always said "If you can't say something nice, then zip it, kiddo."  She was a wise lady and I try to follow her advice when I can, which is why I didn't even try to post yesterday.  I've been spending the last couple of days coming down from my sugar buzz and catching up on bill-paying, daily work, cleaning, cooking......basically trying to be a grown up.  I'm even eating my vegetables!  I do wish that I could spend my birthday $$ on fun presents for myself instead of on living expenses, I have to admit.  Acting like a grown up sucks, but at least I have the skills to dig in and take care of things when I must.              (sigh.)

Also, we're all waiting for Awesome Coworker to have her baby.  Just got an update--she is going in at midnight to be induced, if she hasn't gone into labor by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment