Friday, July 29, 2011

Heavy


Went to a Chinese buffet for lunch and ate waaaaay too much.  I’m so full, I can barely think, much less write.  I feel like I swallowed a watermelon.  Whole.

Since I’m too full to be creative, here’s an email conversation I had with one of my coworkers this morning:

Me:  Got a weird question for ya.  You know anyone who has a digital camera they don't want anymore?  I'd like to be able to put pictures on my blog.
Awesome coworker:  Other coworker* said her camera is nice but it’s definitely been used.
Me:  Used for what?!?!?!        (O.O)  
k.  Now that’s out of my system.  Does it still work, does she have the cords n stuff, how many dollars does she want for it (cuz I don’t have too many extra at the moment)?
Awesome coworker:  We were thinking about for your bday but I didn’t know how you’d feel about a used camera.  She has everything to it.
Me:   Did you ever read the Winnie-the-Pooh story about Eeyore’s birthday?  Where Piglet brings him a balloon, but falls on it and pops it when he’s running to Eeyore’s house?  And Pooh brings him a pot of honey, but gets hungry and eats all the honey on the way there?  Then Eeyore is all excited because they brought him a flat balloon and a jar to put it in, and spends the rest of the afternoon happily putting the balloon in the jar and pulling it out, over and over?
I’d feel like that.

She laughed at that last bit, which is just one of the reasons she is awesome.

*Not her real name.  Seriously—Who would name their kid “Other?”

No comments:

Post a Comment