Thursday, July 26, 2012

New Indulgences


Hi.  My name is Sarah and I’m an ice cream addict. 

The changes just keep coming.  I made a peanut butter-chocolate birthday cake for a friend this week, and knowing from experience that cake now gives me nasty heartburn, I managed to avoid eating it.  However, Aunt Flo will be visiting soon, so I’ve been eating all sorts of other things over the last couple of days.  My desire for sugary tastyness overwhelmed me today and when my coworkers made a dessert run, I gave in.  Peanuts aren’t allowed, baked goods hurt me, so I got something with chocolate and toffee instead.  Then I ate nearly all of it (yeah, it was a small, but still….).  Now I am dizzy and I’ve got indigestion and a bad case of feeling like an eejit.  One more uncomfortable lesson of how my body has changed.  My brain and my taste buds haven’t caught up with the reality yet, but I’m getting there.  Next month I’ll prepare some dark chocolate dipped sweet potato chips ahead of time.  If those don't fix the food cravings, I’m in trouble.

I’ve been trying to figure out what to have for my birthday treat, since cake is out of the question.  It’s not a proper birthday celebration without a piece of dessert with a candle stuck in it.  I thought perhaps flan, but now I’m thinking that might have too much sugar.  Luckily Juli over at paleOMG came up with something that just might work:  Carrot Cake Pudding. And since I still have a bit of dairy now and then, I could probably top it with some real whipped cream, flaked coconut, and dark chocolate shavings.  If I make it right, the whipped cream will be stiff enough to hold the candle just long enough for a quick “Happy Birthday to me” rendition.  Of course, if anyone has another suggestion, I’d love to hear it!


No comments:

Post a Comment