Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time Out


“I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see.”  ~John Burroughs
                         
Wow, it’s been a long time since I posted anything.  Things have been crazy busy in my life lately.  It’s often fun, but I’m occasionally wishing I could just spend an evening sitting down on my couch, not doing anything in particular.  No running, no cooking, no dishwashing, no book club, no appointments,  no going out for Mexican (sorry ladies—you’ll have to drink my margarita for me), no making chocolates, no errands, no shopping.  Just sitting and reading or watching movies.  Just chillin’.  It feels like it’s been ages since I last had a chance to goof off.  I was toying with the idea of grabbing a pizza and relaxing on Friday night, but I have to do laundry (which entails a trip to the laundromat since I have a washer, but no dryer).  Rats.  Also, I should work on making the basement a safer place for a little wild cat to recuperate.  My basement cats are still around and they have become accustomed to my presence (especially since I am now the food lady).  I caught one of them yesterday and took her to get spayed.  She is currently ensconced in my bathroom and I doubt that will be a satisfactory arrangement for either of us in the long term (the long term being the 7-10 days they recommend for a healing period).  Whoosh.  Every time I think I might be catching up, I think of something else I need to do.

The half-marathon training has started, which is part of the reason my schedule is unusually busy.  I could tell right away that I let my running go a bit in January and February.  My legs are doing okay-not-great, but my lungs are just wimping out completely.  I keep pushing too fast and getting out of breath, then having to walk.  And I’m sore and tired the next day.  It’s frustrating, but I keep telling myself it will get better soon.  It has to, right?  I was fairly good at this back in November/December.  Gotta “pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.”  And again.  And again.  It’s a good thing I’m so durned hardheaded!


No comments:

Post a Comment