Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Still At Large

Crazy days at work plus PMS are just a bad combination.  I’m a little surprised that I managed to keep my hands to myself yesterday.  I badly wanted to slap several people.  I mean to the point that verbally slapping them would not have been enough.  Perhaps that’s better, though.  I seem to have more control of my physical violence than of my smart mouth.

It helped that my mom sent me this:

Living in time and space just might be the scariest, most heartbreaking, and lonely path an angel could ever choose.

Until, of course, they realize that being scared doesn't mean they can't make a difference, broken hearts can still love just fine, and that feeling lonely doesn't mean they're actually alone.

Then they'll laugh an angel laugh, fluff their wings, and dare a new dare all over again.

Love your halo,
    The Universe

This was a forward from a daily email that she had signed up for, and it just happened to be exactly the sort of thing that I most wanted to hear yesterday.  On Monday, I had picked up The Daring Female's Guide to Ecstatic Living:  30 Dares For a More Gutsy and Fulfilling Life from the library.  Isn’t synchronicity fun?  The dare I read last night was about creativity, but that was more comforting than daring for me.  I suppose this blog is sort of daring in a creative way.  Most of my creations have had a pretty small audience in the past.  Trying to write in a public forum is new for me, even if it doesn’t feel very public yet.

By the way, if you want to sign up for the Notes from the Universe, you can find them here:  http://www.tut.com  Very cool stuff.

PS.  The dessert-flavored chewing gum is a grand idea, but when are they going to come out with sour cream-n-onion potato chip flavored gum?  Because today, I need both if I’m going to save myself from the cravings monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment