Sunday, April 23, 2017

Back on singletrack

Much of my winter was spent training for a road marathon, which became a half marathon thanks to the flu. I got sick in March and missed 3 critical long runs in a row. Next fall, I WILL get my flu shot, thankyouverymuch. To the point--running on asphalt is kind of boring. The race is over and I have a sparkly medal to send to my I Run4 buddy:

So now it's time to get back to the woods. There aren't any races on my radar so I can focus on gaining strength and maybe building up some speed.

I've missed running in the woods. This fact became more apparent this morning, when I woke up with part of a "song" about trail running in my head. Without further adieu, may I present:

An Ode to Trail Running (to the tune of America the Beautiful)

O beautiful for singletrack,
For random waves of pain,
For purple bruises on my knees
And mud and rocks and rain!
Trail running! Trail running!
My heart belongs to thee.
It feels so good to run through the woods-
We feel that we are free!


Maybe I'll see you out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment