Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ain’t Gotta Run Alone No More

There have been a few new runners on the trail lately and it turns out that some of them work for the same company I do.  One of them decided to gather us all up and start a running group.  It’s really exciting to be able to share this new passion with other people.  I’ve been trying to talk various friends/coworkers/acquaintances into joining me, but haven’t had much luck.  Of course, Awesome Coworker was pregnant, so she had an automatic pass.  But now that Awesome Baby has joined the world, her mom intends to get out and get moving along with us.

I also considered joining the running group at the store over by campus, but I worried that it would be a bunch of skinny, long-leggedy, super-fast college kids.  Pretty sure I wouldn’t fit in with that group, but I suppose I could have been their tough old lady mascot…..

One of the other runners is just a little bit faster than me, and we ran together on Tuesday.  Keeping up with her wasn’t easy, and we each had to stop for technical difficulties occasionally, so we sort of played tag along the trail.  I ran my fastest 5 miles since spring—and it wasn’t as tough as I thought it would be.  This is so wonderful!  We’ve had a little time to chat and I really like these women.  I truly hope that this could be the start of some strong new friendships with some fantastic ladies.  Yeeeesssssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment